.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ichi the Killer

Bursa Malaysia stock trading portfolio of nobody really important.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

EOD Update (11 August 2006)

All plantation stocks, big to small, closed up today, with the notable exception of KULIM-WB which closed down 3sen at 2.28 ...seems like I made the right decision to get off it for the time being. RSAWIT went up another 7sen to1.61 while ASIATIC rose another 10sen to close at 3.74. IJMPLNT which I had started buying in again yesterday at 1.60 shot up to a high of 1.71 before closing up 9sen at 1.69. Did not manage to build up my position in this counter before today's surge.

SATANG dipped down to 1.28 again, led by a sharp fall in IRIS. While MTDINFR, IPOWER, and CANONE do not seem to be much affected by the direction of IRIS anymore, SATANG is still showing a close correlation. I can't figure this out, since it's got decent earnings and the prospects of significant earnings boost from 9MP-related defence spending. Good thing I decided to take profit on a short-term buy trade in this counter recently, selling out at 1.52 approx ... however, earlier purchases which I held on to are now showing losses which are beginning to worry me. At some point, will have to figure out pain threshold for this.

Latest disposal:

FOCUS: -2,000 (0.365) ... Balance 18,000


/ichithekiller

4 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Boon said...

I think we have pretty much seen the worst of SATANG, as well as IRIS. I am expecting a new cycle to begin.

Are you a full-time trader?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger ichithekiller said...

I wouldn't dare say that until IRIS is back to 0.10 ... and nope, I'm not a full-time trader... maybe someday, if I can avoid getting cleaned out and can build up a sizeable grubstake.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Boon said...

The market has proven me wrong -- 0.405 didn't hold for IRIS -- what an ugly scene. It's a pity that SATANG's faith is so tied up to IRIS.

I am in the process of collecting information regarding what charting tools people use. Would you mind leaving a feedback on my blog? I am giving you the honour of being the first to give me a feedback on that ^_^

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger ichithekiller said...

Gee... I would love to do that but the truth is, I'm not a chartist and don't use any charting software. I just pull up the normal daily chart provided by my broker once in a while to see recent highs & lows and ... that's it. I don't even know how to draw a proper trendline. Sorry ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home