.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ichi the Killer

Bursa Malaysia stock trading portfolio of nobody really important.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Rasa Hati Beku (RHB)

Ok, I have a confession to make. Last week, I bought 10,000 RHB @ 0.795 ... why? I thought it had come down enough and was ready for a rebound. I was and am still sure it will get taken over by Commerz or someone else soon at a decent premium.

When the rebound didnt happen, instead of dumping it for a small gain at 0.805, I held on to it. Then, sure enough, it started sliding... my stop-loss limit went down from 0.75 to 0.73 to 0.70. I couldn't help it. What a loser!! Worse still, during that time, what did I do? I went on a holiday! Hah! After the 0.73 stop-loss limit was breached, my broker sms'd to tell me we had missed the 0.73 stop-loss and he was trying to sell at 0.72. I thought to myself, what the hell, might as well move the parameters again...to 0.70 this time. No point selling at 0.72 since it seemed to have really bottomed out this time.

But due to a miscommunication (sms is dangerous) he sold the lot at 0.715 ...ouch! I actually texted "no need to sell at 0.72" which he took as meaning "sell at any price offered now". Suddenly I had no more RHB, when I was so sure a bottom had been reached.

So what do I do now? Forget about it and move on? Hmmm, maybe I WILL forget about it, it's not worth it ... but what if it moves UP again? Maybe I'll buy it back on Monday, then. But what if it hasn't bottomed out yet? I would be incurring double commission on a twice-losing trade! Aaargh, I'm going mad ... lets see what happens on Monday then ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home